Worbla’s® KobraCast Art (WKA) – the most versatile Worbla’s® ever!
Worbla’s® KobraCast Art: You can simply call it the Jack of all trades from Cast4Art and just like all the products of the Worbla’s® Art Series it is solvent-free produced and to proceed and contains no hazardous substances.
It is activated by heat (best approx. 80-90 °C / 175-195 °F) and can be shaped easily by hand or even thermoformed. WKA can be re-activated as often as you like and all leftovers can be re-used so there is almost no waste.
Worbla’s® KobraCast Art contains strong heat activated glue which means it sticks very well to itself and to other materials if treated properly.
What makes Worbla’s® KobraCast Art so unique is the very stretchable, but tear-resistant mesh inside. This makes it possible to cast organic shapes (e.g. antlers). WKA stays a little flexible even after cooling down hence it is no problem separating it even from negative moulds including undercuts.
Worbla’s® KobraCast Art’s surface provides for example good adherence for glass colors & spray paint.
What’s new is that you can sew through it quite easily for attaching (faux)-leather & -furs, fabrics and more. Because the WKA is pretty light-weighted too, it is ideal for a stabilizing substructure to use for bags, corsets and much more!
Would you like to know more? Please check our Cast4Art social media channels (Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest & Twitter) and especially the Universal Worbla Academy for many more pictures, info & tutorials!
Easy, safe and clean to handle, also for beginners
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Can be re-activated with heat as often as you want (best approx. 80-90°C / 175-195°F)
- It contains extra heat-activated glue so several pieces stick together easily
- Extremely stretchable when activated, allowing to cast organic shapes including undercuts. Stays flexible but inherently stable after cooling down
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Surface provides for example good adherence for glass colors & spray paint; you can sew through it quite easily for attaching furs, fabrics and more
- All leftover can be re-used and the product can be stored under normal conditions (dry; room temperature) for months
Link for Universal Worbla Academy: http://UWA.cast4art.de/