Worbla’s® Finest Art (WFA) – the classic and best-known thermoplastic crafting material around the world by Cast4Art!
Use a heat source like a heat gun (best approx. 80-90°C / 175-195°F) to bring this all-round material to the shape you want to. The WFA is alterable by heat any time. Just as all products of the Worbla’s® Art Series it is classified to be non-toxic plus solvent-free manufactured and to process.
Scraps of Worbla’s® Finest Art can be blended to 100%, so there is almost no waste at all. These leftovers can be moulded just like putty or almond paste.
It hardens very fast and because of the extra glue inside, it is very easy to attach several layers and parts of WFA. Therefore you can decide to work with two layers right from the start or adding extra parts and ornaments later on.
Almost everything is possible with this versatile material for creative people:
Detailed surfaces and masks, headdresses, costumes, armours, props and ornaments, or even Smartphone cases, costume jewellery, brooches, key fobs or other figurines as well as all different kind of decoration – the only limit is your imagination!
Common waterproof wood glue works fine to smooth its surface and you can paint. Worbla’s® Finest Art e.g. with all kinds of effect spray-paints and acrylics. Therefore, a plastic primer or other base coats can be useful.
In addition it is easy to use other products of the Worbla’s® Art Series such as Worbla’s® Deco Art or Worbla’s® Black Art with it e.g. for any kind of fine ornaments. From case to case it might be helpful to use extra glue. But usually, the parts stick together very well.
Do you want to know more? Please check our Cast4Art social media channels (Facebook, Instagram & Twitter) and especially the Cast4Art Blog for many more pictures, info and tutorials!
- Can be re-activated with heat as often as wanted to (best approx. 80-90°C / 175-195°F)
- It contains a very strong glue and it can be blended very well
- Processing time up to several minutes, depending on the time of exposure of the heat
- Simple, safe and clean handling, also for beginners
- Non-toxic, solvent-free and contains no hazardous substances
- Surface provides for example good adherence for all colors, varnish, glue and so on
- Excellent repair and connecting possibilities, also with other thermoplastics
- No leftovers and under normal conditions it can be stored for years